Lenten Mornings: In the mornings, join us in reading the M’Cheyne Reading Plan passages and 843 Acres reflections, which will feature theologians from other centuries and their thoughts on Lenten values, e.g., reflection, self-denial, temptation, forgiveness.
Lenten Evenings: In the evenings, join us in doing The Daily Examen to reflect on the day, detect God’s presence and discern his direction. In 843 Acres, we’ll include reminders to reflect on these steps:
- Opening prayer: be aware of God’s presence – 2 minutes
- Review the day with gratitude – 3 minutes
- Pay attention to your emotions – 3 minutes
- Choose one feature of the day and pray from it – 5 minutes
- Closing prayer: look toward tomorrow – 2 minutes
If you would like The Daily Examen emailed to you on weekday evenings at 9pm EST during Lent, sign up: here.
Join us for Ash Wednesday at Calvary-St. George’s:
- When: Wednesday, February 13 @ 6:30pm
- Where: Calvary -St. George’s in New York City
- What: Our founder, Bethany Jenkins, will be in the lobby with prayer cards for you. She’d love to meet you so look for our logo.
- Post Q&A: After the service, join Bethany and the Rector Jacob Smith for an intimate Q&A in Anderson Hall.
Stay posted for an invitation to our Lent Bible Listening event, which take place in March at the Museum of Biblical Art. We will send out more details when they are finalized.